• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed okay, but won't stay okay

Hey guys, I need to tap you guys for some help. I've run over all the documentation I've gotten my hands on, tried various install methods no less than 10 times total, but I have this hurdle that I can't get over. Searching here didn't turn up with anything.

Anyway, here is what I did:

1. Uploaded catalog to my root directory

2. Used phpMyAdmin to load the sql file - the /catalog/install script could not completely build and fill the database. Even though it logs in to the MySQL server fine and says the database was imported successfully, only 26 tables are there and no data is imported. But loading the sql file with phpMyAdmin works fine.

3. Set the permissions for the directories, and the two configure.php files.

Here's the problem:

After the install, I click on Administration, and the first Administration page comes up. But if I click on anything on the Administration main page, I get:

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Note that the first page Administration page appears to load perfectly fine.

On the catalog side, the main page comes up fine. if I click on anything, the next page will have gibberish on the top:

A? ?8B?NAL?D ?AL7BcartT Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0 Pragma: no-cache

and this somewhere further down:

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/includes/boxes/currencies.php on line 24

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/includes/boxes/currencies.php on line 26

But the page at least partially loads. If I click on anything again, I get a 500 internal server error.

Here are my configure.php files:

Admin:

<?php
/*
?osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
?http://www.oscommerce.com

?Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.blah.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.blah.com');
?define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
?define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
?define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/export/web17/gamma/blah/www/catalog'); // where the pages are located on the server
?define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/export/web17/gamma/blah/www/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/export/web17/gamma/blah/www/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
?define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
?define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
?define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
?define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
?define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
?define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection
?define('DB_SERVER', '###.###.###.##'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'blah');
?define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'bleh');
?define('DB_DATABASE', 'blah');
?define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?
?define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

catalog:

<?php
/*
?osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
?http://www.oscommerce.com

?Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

?Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
?define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.blah.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
?define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'blah.com');
?define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
?define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
?define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
?define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
?define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
?define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
?define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
?define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
?define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
?define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
?define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
?define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
?define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

?define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/export/web17/gamma/blah/www/catalog/');
?define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
?define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
?define('DB_SERVER', '###.###.###.##'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
?define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'blah');
?define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'bleh');
?define('DB_DATABASE', 'blah');
?define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
?define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

If I change define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); to define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); in the admin configure.php, the Administration pages work fine, I couldn't detect any errors. But doing the same for the catalog configure.php file doesn't seem to do anything, and the problem of gibberish and error 500 persists.

Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. I program in ASP and this is the first exposure I have to PHP, but I am a CS major so I am comfortable hacking at this stuff. Just point me where to look.

It seems as if you don't have a language specified.

Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /export/web17/gamma/leecao/www/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Notice this is looking for a file called ".php" in the languages directory. The filename should be "english.php" <or substitute name of preferred language>.

I know I've seen this on the boards before, but I don't remember what the solution was. I would start at looking for where the default language is defined and tracking that backward. The file application_top.php is your beginning point, more than likely.

You might also check the database - I'm not sure what designates one particular language as being the default. It might be in the configuration table.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Archived