• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Copy Products

illusive

You may want to do a search on this forum using various keywords and see what you get. I recall a post awile back where someone told how to do this from phpmy admin but it could have been in another forum...

Not knowing mysql and php to good here is how I would do it:

Backup the database from Store A then move that backup to Store B. Back up Store B. Then in Store B admin select the backup from Store A and restore the database in Store B. Then reset your config settings in admin. Everthing in Store B will be overwritten.

If Store B has products and customers that Store A does not this will not work because you will lose all original Store B info.

In this case you can strip out the insert statements in the products table and load them in phpmyadmin. If you do this you would want to remove all the autonumbered ids so they can be reassigned during the insert query.

Things could get fouled up fast if there are categories and attributes with your products so be careful. You are treading on thin ice.

Are you confused? What you want to do has many variables to consider before such a change takes place. Be sure to back up your database before you do anything.

Tim Fortune

How do you know when you know what you want to do for the rest of your life?

Hello how do i do this :

In this case you can strip out the insert statements in the products table and load them in phpmyadmin. If you do this you would want to remove all the autonumbered ids so they can be reassigned during the insert query.

for this :

insert into products (products_id, products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_last_modified, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id, products_ordered) values ('425', '0', '827', 'AJ827.JPG', '95.0000', '2004-02-13 13:59:08', NULL, NULL, '0.00', '1', '0', '0', '5');

Thanks

Archived