• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Featured Products Contrib

Blowin

Hi...

I would like to install the featured products contrib, but I'm a little lost in the instructions. I understand everything except

Step 11:

Now you need to create the database table that will be holding the featured products. You need to run the featured_products.sql file's contents in your favourite sql interface (like phpmyadmin) to your database .

I am new to mysql and am not clear on what I need to do here. I do have phpMyAdmin, but I don't know what to do with it.

Can someone give me some straight forward detailed instructions of how I complete this step? I'm sure this probably isn't difficult at all, I just don't know how to do it!

Thanks for the help!

start up phpMyAdmin and in the left hand window select your database, then in the right hand window select the SQL tab, now in the new window you will see a text area for the sql query, you can either copy and paste the sql file data to this area or use the browse button to locate the sql file on your local machine then click go.

This is the job done unless there are any errors in the sql file

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Archived