• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

very simple question! about backup using ftp

varvunt

lets say that i have a template and i want to install but i want to back up all my site. using regular backup will only backup my clients and regular stuff. if i download all the files from the site, will it save the atributes of the files and can be restored to the site?

i hope you all understand me...

lets say that i have a template and i want to install but i want to back up all my site. using regular backup will only backup my clients and regular stuff. if i download all the files from the site, will it save the atributes of the files and can be restored to the site?

i hope you all understand me...

If you want to completely backup your site first you backup your database and download your site to your local computer using your ftp program of choice.

Another option is to setup a secondary site on your server in a different directory. You could copy your site to a test folder and make your changes and when you are happy with everthing you can move it to where your production store is.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived