• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding customers, downloading purchases, paypal...

Hi everyone,

Installed osCommerce just fine. Database created, categories, items all in order. Installed on a Windows 2000 server and had no problems.

Working on tweaking before I go live and having some problems:

1. Couldn't get PayPal to work. Installed PayPal module ok, but thought I had problems checking out. Come to find out the problem is with adding new users. (that's Question #2). While running test in module it asks for order #. Well, order goes through, but no order #, which is needed for this test. Now it says no IPN installed? I went to paypal and turned on the IPN but not 100% I have it set to the right address - http://www.sunsetwebdesign.com/catalog/checkout_shipping.php

2. Can add new customers and they show up on the database but they can see an error when they submit and can't get past subscribing to get to payments:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address in U:\www\sunsetwebdesign\html\catalog\includes\classes\email.php on line 502

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at U:\www\sunsetwebdesign\html\catalog\includes\classes\email.php:502) in U:\www\sunsetwebdesign\html\catalog\includes\functions\general.php on line 29

I looked over both php files, corrected a blank line, still can't figure out what's going on. Like I said, the customers show up in the database which is odd. Would someone mind trying to create an acct and let me know what I'm doing wrong? Pretty please? :)

3. All of my products will be downloads (web site templates) that I'm *hoping* will automattically be e-mailed to customers upon purchase. Question is where I do put the downloads so that the software will find it them to e-mail? Has anyone else done this and how hard/simple is it to sell products through e-mail?

Any suggestions or answers much appreciated!

My site is located at http://www.sunsetwebdesign.com/catalog/ if anyone would like to take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Archived