• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sorting products in admin with a single click

Andrew J

I found the Product Sort Contribution V1.3 but this contrib doesnt have the ability to sort products in alphabetical order.

Does anybody faced with this problem and got any solution?

Thanks Ryan

Since Im not a programmer I need some help to find this snippet and change that code.

Could you help me?

Or anyone else?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone knows about any new contribution with this feature?

Or somebody can help to make Ryanf's idea work!

It will be a big breaktrough for me because finding products will be easyer.

Andrew

If you are looking for a quick way to find a product, you can always use the search box in the upper right in the corner.

If you really want to see every single product on one page you can go to the following url

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/categories.php?search=

This will show you every single category and product and will take a while to load depending on the number of products that you have.

Hope that helps,

Robert

If you really want to see every single product on one page you can go to the following url

http://www.yoursite.com/admin/categories.php?search=

Nice trick, thanks! :D

But my point is still to find a way to sort products in admin by alphabetically!

Why?

I have 900 products. I uploaded everything through EasyPop.

Now I must find descriptions, images, etc for each product and insert them manually.

If had a chance to sort them by alphabetically I can start on the top from "A" because many of the manufacturers have the same sorting order on their site.

So I can work continually without jump back and forth between 30 page of products.

Your trick eliminate these 30 page but i'd like to have this sort option.

Andrew

Id like to sort the admin/catalog/Categories&products by product name A to Z.

Im hungarian. If something not perfectly clear tell me! :rolleyes:

My admin area sort products like this:

Office Pro 2003 Win32 Hungarian AE CD

VC#.NET Std 2003 Win32 English AE CD

Outlook 2003 Win32 English CD

VStudio Tools for Off 2003 Win32 English AE CD

Project Pro 2003 Win32 English VUP CD 1 Clt

FrontPage 2003 Win32 Hungarian CD

Publisher 2003 Win32 Hungarian VUP CD

Office 2003 Win32 Hungarian VUP CD

Visio Pro 2003 Win32 English CD

Office Live Comm Svr 2003 English CD 5 Clt

VStudio .NET Ent Dev 2003 Win32 English CD

Project 2003 Win32 English CD

Word 2003 Win32 English VUP CD

Excel 2003 Win32 English VUP CD

Proofing Tools 2002 Win32 German CD

Office SB 2003 Win32 Hungarian VUP CD

Eeek.... On my site, my products are sorted exactly the way you want it.

I don't understand why your products are not sorting.

Perhaps you made some changes to your categories.php file.

I am sorry, but I not able to help you.

Robert

I made lots of changes on categories.php.

Perhaps I should compare with the original one. :blink:

Can anyone give some hints where is that part of code which controlls the way how products are listed?

• 5 weeks later...

I installed the customer_sort_admin_v1.6 only for OSC2.2MS2 contribution on my site.

That's what I'm looking for!

I'd like to add this feature to the admin/categories.php page so I can set product listing sort order.

Are there anybody who could transform this contribution and make it compatible with admin/categories.php page?

Eeek.... On my site, my products are sorted exactly the way you want it.

I don't understand why your products are not sorting.

Perhaps you made some changes to your categories.php file.

I am sorry, but I not able to help you.

Robert

I installed Master Product MS2 and thi contrib over wrote my categories.php at the product query part.

I modified this code snippet:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status, p2c.categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by p.products_master");

} else {

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by p.products_master");

to this:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status, p2c.categories_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by pd.products_name");

} else {

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_master, p.products_master_status, p.products_listing_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by pd.products_name");

Cheers

Archived