osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to change the listing in google

808smokey

Hi,

My site always shows up like this in google

A+ Computers Online

osCommerce. Home ? Catalog, Log In | Cart Contents | Checkout. Categories,

CD&DVD ROMs CD/DVD Burners Complete Systems Digital Cameras ...

Does anyone know how to fix/correct this? So it will say something like "We sell computer parts & blah blah blah..." I can't find anything in the search or contrib section :(

Thanks

There is no simple direct change for this. However, you can change it. Since Google does not use meta tags, you have to ensure that you are using a good descriptive TITLE and also use alt tags in your favor. Otherwise, you will get results like you have. If you make these changes over time as Google reindexes your site you will see it change.

There is no simple direct change for this. However, you can change it. Since Google does not use meta tags, you have to ensure that you are using a good descriptive TITLE and also use alt tags in your favor. Otherwise, you will get results like you have. If you make these changes over time as Google reindexes your site you will see it change.

I'm not sure how to do you what your describing. Can you help a noob and point me in the right direction??

Thanks

OK i got it from another forum. For anyone else who would like to know how.... Here's a possible solution:

Goggle is only reading the first lot of words it finds.

You need to add

<meta name="description" content= " We sell computer parts & blah blah blah.">

<meta name="keywords" content=" bits, computers, blah, bits, blah, ">

In the Head section of your index page.

Check out the search engine ranking section of the forums for a LOT more suggestions.

Thanks for the help though :)

Google does not use meta tags so those tags will not provide the solution you are looking for.

Add detailed descriptions into your alt tags and make your title descriptive.

Google uses parts of meta tags, plus parts of your title, plus parts of the begining of the page. Just make sure they are all in good shape and you should be fine. Also, make sure your top logo has a good "alt" tage because sometimes Google will see that as the "top" of your page. Personally, I removed my "logo" and went with plain text.

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Archived