• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

verisign payflow pro questions

Luchysoft

Because I use Intuit's Quickbooks on my back end, I am an automatic PayFlow Pro customer. I'm trying to figure out what would be involved in setting up the PayFlow Pro contrib to do a few things:

1. Validate the credit card, verify enough funds exist and that the charge would go through, but do not charge and do not do a delayed capture - just authorize and immediately release the funds (I will charge the credit card manually and separately through quickbooks).

2. Do an address verification check, as well as a CVV check. I need to to deal with the possibility of no AVS available (international card), and move on to the CVV as verification, but only in the case where it is not available - if it is available and does not match, I need it to gracefully report the error to the customer so they can fix and resubmit.

3. If the credit card declines or returns any other error (bad expiration date, specific error for not enough funds, etc), handle the error gracefully by informing the customer of the problem and returning them to the CC page to make appropriate changes. Are there alot of variables when it comes to errors and is there an easy way to handle them all?

Finally, does anyone know if verisign charges for every authorization attempt, or is the per transaction fee only if the full credit card charge goes through? In other words if I have a customer who keeps trying to submit a bad card or a card with a bad address or CVV, and I going to get charged the transaction fee each time they attempt?

Thanks!

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...