• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Special Order Items

devink

Hi,

I have a need for a feature where an item is flagged as "Special Order". This is an item that is not stocked, but the customer can order it and the shop will supply the item when it arrives in the next wholesale order.

Now...my PHP is not good, but if anyone is interested in putting this together, here is how I see it working:

1. Add a "Special Order" flag to products table.

2. Add a checkbox to admin/categories.php that allows the entry of this flag.

3. Change the SQL in products_info to include the special order flag. When the flag is true, display the TEXT_SPECIAL_ORDER message on the page.

4. Create a TEXT_SPECIAL_ORDER constant (such as "Special Order, Click here for details") that links to an additional page.

5. Add a "Next Order Date" field to the manufacturers table

6. Modify the manufacturers admin page to enter the next order date.

7. On the Special Order information page, have an explanation of the process, and a list of next order dates by manufacturer.

8. If the URL includes a product number, highlight the next order date for that product.

This is how see it working. I am open to suggestions, and if there are no takers for creating the mod, I will teach myself PHP, the osCommerce standards, and write it myself sometime in the next 6 months!

Cheers!

Many Thanks,

Steve

Yes I would have a need for such a contribution as well. I too dont have the ability to write one myself.

Regards

Gamerigs

Archived