• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Management of mods

I am setting up a cart. I have been looking at all the great addons/mods out there and was wondering if there is some thing to control them with (turn on, off, etc), and also if it would track/scan the cart and tell of what mods are installed. Since I plan on having quite a few installed it would be easier to have something to help with it all.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and help!!!

Doug

I am setting up a cart. I have been looking at all the great addons/mods out there and was wondering if there is some thing to control them with (turn on, off, etc), and also if it would track/scan the cart and tell of what mods are installed. Since I plan on having quite a few installed it would be easier to have something to help with it all.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice and help!!!

Doug

Some contributions can be turned on and off in the admin section some cannot.

A good thing to do before installing a contribution is find the support thread for that specific contribution in the contribution support section of the forum. You can see what issues others have had with it before installing and whether or not you will be able to get any help if you need it.

There is nothing that will automatically tell you what is installed. You will need to keep track of that yourself. I keep a folder on my local computer that has all the contributions I have installed in one place. You also need to comment every change you make when doing your installs so when you go back later you can follow what you did.

And probably the most important is BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!!!!

Backup your database and then your site between contribution installs. If you do not sooner or later this will come back and bite you big time.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived