• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Maximum product Qty per customer

ldavies83

My client is working in the IT field supplying hard drives etc to retail customers. However, he has problems through email from nigerian "customers" wanting to order a 1000 units with this credit card, We do not want to allow them to do that, and display a message to contact us by phone. Has anyone come across a contrib to do that?

Thanks,

L.

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

Is this due to cc charges ?

If so the card processor may allow pre-authorisation - meaning when an order is processed the store owner needs to go in after and sanction the payment if they are happy with the order(and leave it if they don't - and they won't get charged any processing fees) - has saved me a lot of money.

Your online success is Paramount.

It is because of potential chargeback fees, but also nobody in their right mind would want to order a 1000 of anything from the store, competition sites just display a message "for this kind of quantity it would be better if you called us and we arrange a discount for you" or words to that effect. The card processor is ProtX, and they have signed up with them in partnership with another 2 sites they run, so I doubt I'll be able to change their minds on that.

Thanks,

L.

Contribs Written: Nochex APC Payment Module, Cheque Payment Module

Contribs Updated: Information Pages Unlimited, Latest News V1

You've gotta be Quick on the Draw in this game!

Archived