• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default language

Iskander

Hello,

I set the default language other the english, the problem is when the site is accessed www.site_name.com the site is not in the default language, it is in english... so.. what do i have to do to set up the right... when somebody will open it to be in other language then english...

Thank You.

Probably your browser has set english as default language.

In ie change it tools/internet options, ppress language -button

and change the desired language to the top.

Yours, Upi

Probably your browser has set english as default language.

In ie change it tools/internet options, ppress language -button

and change the desired language to the top.

Yours, Upi

yes you are right, thanks... but if i want to set the language to be other than english and to ignore the settings that the browser has.. what do i have to do? because i think the majority of the webrowser aren't set properly :)

• 1 year later...
yes you are right, thanks... but if i want to set the language to be other than english and to ignore the settings that the browser has.. what do i have to do? because i think the majority of the webrowser aren't set properly :)

You can specify the language using a GET-variable, for example: http://your.oscommerce.site.com/index.php?lang=de

..or then you'll have to hack the source code, I've done this once. The correct file to edit is includes/application_top.php, I can post the code snippet when I get to my primary computer again.

Cheers,

Kalle

Archived