• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Undefined Index Upon Clicking "Add In Cart"

The store I am working on has been edited by another party so I am not sure how different it is from the original but here is the error I recieve upon clicking the "add In Cart" button off of product_info.php:

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 359

Notice: Undefined index: id in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php on line 359

Notice: Undefined index: qty in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php:359) in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

The important thing to note is that the product still does get added to the cart once you hit back. Then when I hit the add to cart button again I get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/application_top.php:359) in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

I get a similar error from the product_listing.php page as well only less intense.

Notice: Undefined index: qty in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 134

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:134) in /home/monkey/public_html/shop/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

And again if I hit back the product has been added so I hit buy now again and it works just fine, no errors or anything.

Alright, I figured out how to avoid these errors. It's actually a really dumb thing on my part but in application_top.php you can find this code:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

I must have at some point changed it to this:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

As soon as you change it back all is well. Thanks for the ample help!

Archived