• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase without Account

I installing the Purchase Without Account contribution and I'm using phpmyadmin to adjust my db settings. I've installed/adjusted almost everything, I just have one step I can't seem to figure out. Will someone guide me as to what this means...

Database changes new as of v0.57

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

You need to open some files and add some lines also, follow the instructions below and you should be ready in no time.

I found "configuration" & "configuration_group", but what does it mean by "VALUES"? I don't see a values option in phpmyadmin.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :(

Contributions I used : Updated 06-13-04 23:42

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Copy this code:

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (40, 'Accounts', 'Configuration of Account settings', 40, 1);

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Purchase Without Account', 'PWA_ON', 'true', 'Allow Customers to purchase without an account', 40, 1, '2003-04-08 13:07:44', '2003-04-08 12:10:51', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

and paste it into a Query window in PHPmyAdmin. It will run the query and update the tables for you automatically.

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Your SQL-query has been executed successfully

That's what I like to see :D

Now, I've tested it with a fake name and it works great. But, when I test it with an account I already have, it takes me to a page with...

The requested URL /~erichoes//login.php/login/fail/reason/An+account+already+exists+for+the+email+address+<i>[email protected]</i>.++You+must+login+here+with+the+password+for+that+account+before+proceeding+t

o+checkout. was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Which, reading between the lines, says "An account already exists for the email address. You must login here with the password for that account before proceeding to checkout." Which is great, but shouldn't that be on a page actually in my store and where the "here" is, shouldn't there be a link, instead of a 404 page? :(

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

And in the final order confirmation page, I get the following message in the "ship to " box...

Delivery Address (Edit)

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/erichoes/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/erichoes/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 42

Shipping Method (Edit)

Flat Rate (Best Way)

----------------

Vote on My Graphis Poll

Eric,

I assume the error of

"/~erichoes//login.php/login/fail/reason/An+account+already+ exists+for+the+email+address+<i>[email protected]</i>.++You+must+login+here+with+the+password+for+that+account+before+proceeding+t

o+checkout."

is due to SEF URLs you are using, but I didn't think it would cause any problems. Just one thing you may want to check first is why there are 2 slashes : "/~erichoes//login.php". Hopefully that is fix to the problem. Otherwise, you can try removing the brackets in the link using %3 Edited by safoo