• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feature Questions

inix

First let me express my heartfelt thanks for the guys developing OSC as this is essentially another excellent opensource showcase.

OK, here goes the rest. My boss is looking for me to develop a Webstore system, and he isn't instrested in what I use. Conditions apply. Cheap, Flexible, and Extensible. Obviously OSC fits the bill completely (well, almost) , but he has some requirements which I'm not sure if OSC would be able to do things like that.

He is asking if we can NOT allow customers to see any of the following until they login.

1: Prices or

2: Products or

3: Discounted Prices.

Secondly, can we allow online registration, but subjected to approval? IE, all registration will be forwarded to a staff via email, who will then check with the person via e-mail / phone before approving?

Essentially, we're looking to sell some products at groundbreaking prices, and we obviously would not want our customers to see these prices. By controlling the accounts, we will then be able to ensure that our competitors would not have a easy route to access our shop.

Would like to seek your kind advise.

Archived