• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating my homepage

kitchenlittle

Hi All,

I am trying to create my main web page and I would like to include some of the php files from oscommerce so that the homepage resembles the rest of my store. Here is the code I used to include the php but it does not work. I am very new to php so I am not sure if this is even the correct method.

<?php require('mystore/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/column_left.php'); ?>

or do I need to somehow define DIR_WS_INCLUDES and keep the original code:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

If so how do I define DIR_WS_INCLUDES?

Thank you for your help.

Steve

When I try the first way it loads the php file but then I get fatal errors on all of the php files that the column_left file calls:

Warning: Failed opening 'DIR_WS_BOXEScategories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_i/d18/s05/b01f14b2/www/mystore/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 16

Warning: Failed opening 'DIR_WS_BOXESmanufacturers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_i/d18/s05/b01f14b2/www/mystore/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_BOXESwhats_new.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_i/d18/s05/b01f14b2/www/mystore/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/column_left.php on line 25

It looks like I would have to recreate the entire set of files in the homepage folder. If I leave it the second way I get this fatal error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_INCLUDEScolumn_left.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/web_i/d18/s05/b01f14b2/www/devindex.php on line 38

I was thinking that once I got into the directory with the column_left php all other files being called would work but it does not appear that way.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Steve

I don't think your can insert php bits into an html page. (I could be wrong here)

I did it the other way round.....I migrated my original site into the store files.

You didn't define DIR_WS_BOXES .

So try defining that with a statement like the configure files do.

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

could be:

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', 'catalog/incudes/boxes/');

Or make it real simple and do this :D

require('/catalog/includes/configure.php');

And your paths will be defined for you just like in the main store.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived