• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

need some info on site integration

I currently have a site built with all my product pages being in html. Took a while to build and was for my yahoo stores site but they are to limited in there hosting for what i needed to do.

I am wondering if anybody can tell me if there is a way just call the item options and have my add to cart buttons hard coded into these html pages and just use the os commerce checkout pages and shopping cart?

Any info would be a great help. I dont want to have completely dynamic pages with the long urls because I believe it to be very search engine unfriendly plus I already have the site setup on my local disk here.

You can check the current live yahoo store at http://www.fridgemags.com

thanx

Hi,

I currently have a site built with all my product pages being in html. Took a while to build and was for my yahoo stores site but they are to limited in there hosting for what i needed to do.

I am wondering if anybody can tell me if there is a way just call the item options and have my add to cart buttons hard coded into these html pages and just use the os commerce checkout pages and shopping cart?

Sounds rather 'messy', and you could run into lots of problems. You would be better to convert your html pages into 'data' suitable for loading into the osCommerce database. There is a great freeware tool to strip all the tags off html pages, called HTML2TXT.

You could be building your new osCommerce site as:

http://www.fridgemags.com/catalog

and your current site would not be affected at all, because everything being built is in the sub path, and if you have no links to it from your current site, then no-one will know, whilst the 'building' takes place.

Your site is already very well suited to a complete osC 'conersion', you have products, categories, and all the information in the html pages can still be used, in addition to the database information.

I dont want to have completely dynamic pages with the long urls because I believe it to be very search engine unfriendly plus I already have the site setup on my local disk here.

Search engines used to have problems with long urls, but they do not any more. osCommerce is setup to turn off the session id's for any crawlers/spiders, and the SE gurus state that dynamic pages are not a problem any more.

Peter

Archived