• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installing DHTML Cool menu

Hiya

I am trying to install a javascript to enable, 3 choices of menu`s to use in my categories box.

I have edited all the files required, but i am stuck on the last part.

It says:

Add the following line to the database:

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

Does this mean i insert:

VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

into the configuration.php file?

Cheers

Jub

I'm not familiar with the contribution but those instructions are telling you to insert a line into the database. You can do this with phpMyAdmin.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

• 5 months later...

You have to add that to your database - usually MySQL. Here are detailed instructions:

You have to access your MYSQL db - easiest way is via PHPmyadmin - which should be accessible from your hosting page for your site - if your hosting company uses CPanel, then it's towards the right hand side at the bottom. If it's not accessible, then you wouldn't have been able to install OSC.

Anyways, once you've figured out how to get to your SQL database, then (using PHPMyAdmin) go to your OSC database - there will be a drop down on the left side that says DATABASES...

Look for something that says OSC in the description - Click it. On the right side there will be a couple of tabs at the top. choose the one that says SQL.

You'll see a big empty box, titled "Run SQL query/queries on database"

Past the following querie (the stuff between the dashes) into that box:

-----

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

-----

click GO, and you're all set. If you get an error, let me know. I got an error the first time I did it, and it was because I installed another contrib which asked for the same line.

- O.

Hiya

I am trying to install a javascript to enable, 3 choices of menu`s to use in my categories box.

I have edited all the files required, but i am stuck on the last part.

It says:

Add the following line to the database:

Does this mean i insert:

VALUES (231, 'Enable Display a Dhtml menu', 'DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU', 'Default', 'Do you want to display a DHTML menu instead of the default text based?', 1, 19, '2003-03-13 01:23:23', '2003-03-07 20:37:02', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Default\', \'Dhtml\',\'CoolMenu\'),');

into the configuration.php file?

Cheers

Jub

Archived