• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCsid and Category name character limit

p0laris

Hello all,

I'm a newbie with osCommerce and would really appreciate any help with these issues.

osCsid

From my understanding, having session Id's in the url is a BIG problem.

If you send someone a link with your osCsid in it, when they open that link, they will be automatically logged in as you, right?

So this is my problem, how do I prevent the session ID from showing up in any url's and if they are removed, will it affect something else in osCommerce?

Character limit of Category Names

How and where can I change the character limit for category/section names?

I need to be able to add some really long category names but currently it is truncating my category names.

The session id will only be visible if your customers have cookies disabled. There is no way round having the session id hidden if they dont accept cookies.

You need to use phpmyadmin or some similar program to alter the size of the name field in the database.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

A hint...

Look in the categories_description table ;)

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

A friend of mine had the same issue and here is what she did.

in all the files (like boxes/information.php) you have to spell out the http://file all the way for the NONSSL ones...and THAT will stop all that session ids.

Hope this helps. Lisa

Archived