• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dimensional Weight - Can it be done?

usmedia

I got this idea from something we ran into in our business. Our products are shipped by weight. When we sell numerous items and combine them, the weight is correct but the dimensional weight increases the shipping rate quite a bit. We often end up paying more to ship that we charge the customer. Here's my idea (that I am too much of a newbie to do myself).

Is there a way that dimensional weight can be stated for individual items as well as actual weight. While shopping and adding products, dimensional weight is also tallied based on the combined dimensional weight of all products so the shipping will be at-least more accurate at the end?

This sounds like a monster request to me and I am not even sure it can be done. If it can be, I think the author would be famous as this is something many people run into if their orders usually have several items of varying sizes.

Thanks loads!

John

well, I should have known something was available. I will have a peek at them. Sorry to take a while. I forgot to turn on notifications for my post (mentally challenged newby).

Thanks a million. This community is so awesome!

John

Archived