• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

privacy notice, shipping notice, DPA etc

adiwillow

Hi all..

I was just wondering what kind of stuff i should put in my privacy notice, shipping notice etc... and what about the data protection act? Surely i need to put something about this in the privacy notice if im keeping records of customers in the database?

I'm a bit clueless about it all :D

Cheers

adi

Adi - a privacy notice isn't required. However, one should always be included. If I visit a site that can't take the time to explain what they are doing with my data, I won't do business with them. Take a look HERE for an article about a privacy page (you have to scroll down about half way). Look HERE for an example of a Privacy Page. You'll find a few thousand more if you google for them. All pages like this (shipping, about us, etc.) should include enough information about the subject to make the visitor feel confident in you. Visit other web sites, preferably those that sell the same product you do, and see what they say on those pages. Don't copy what they have but use them as a guideline for your own thoughts.

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, the best thing to do is make sure you mention EVERYTHING you do with customer information.

This can include emails, colection of information, credit card security, etc.

Also, make sure that each section is laid out clearly.

For ideas , look at my privacy page

http://www.getmemusic.com/privacy.php

:rolleyes:

Archived