• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configuration file, a potential security risk

minuteago

i just installed oscommerce v2.2.

On the top of the page, however, shows me a warning message like this.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration

file: /home/localhost/public_html/catalog2/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

permission for congifure.php file is 644. How can I remove/solve this problem?

any help, I'll appreciate..

Thank you.

hi same thing just happened to me you have to change your file so its read only i guess, in ftp right click that file go properties change to read only for all (i have owner ,group,global,) if that wont stay set you have to add a file to catalog folder, lable it secure.php with this code just copy and paste,

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

save it run it in browser youstore/catalog/secure.php , worked great for me and i know nothing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks a lot !!! I wonder why chmodding the files to 644 or lower never seems to fix this problem with powweb accounts. I have installed osCommerce on other servers and powweb is the only place I've had this problem.

Great, great advice.

add a file to catalog folder, lable it secure.php with this code just copy and paste,

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

save it run it in browser  youstore/catalog/secure.php , worked great for me and i know nothing

Okay, I'm feeling like an idiot here when no one else seems to be having problems using this method. I created secure.php and put it in /pkg/catalog/

Put in the code you recommended (in secure.php?)

Uploaded it

Still get the error.

I'm assuming that I also need to modify code on my pages? Which ones?

Thanks,

Tina

nevermind.... I found your post on another page that said nothing was supposed to happen when I went to that page. Also, since you said inside the catalog folder I put the document in the wrong place. I assume that you named your ecom folder "catalog", I named mine "store." I moved it to the root of the ecom folder and ran it... everything is beautiful!

i guess i searched over the full board now to find a solution for the CHMOD problem on the configure.php but really nothing helped me yet :(

first of all the secure.php with the PHP-CHMOD tags didnt work for me on the webserver, also setting the rights via FTP software didnt work AND i cant find any FTP Web-Login on the Control Panel (Customer Service) that may be able to give the correct rights. The Problem is that it always jumps back to the chmod 644 if i set 444 and i really dont know why...

maybe someone can help me out or give me an information how i can hide the errors at the top, i know i have to do that with the application_top.php but i dont have any clue how.

thanks for help :)

maybe someone can help me out or give me an information how i can hide the errors at the top, i know i have to do that with the application_top.php but i dont have any clue how.

thanks for help :)

includes/application_top.php (at the bottom).

// set which precautions should be checked

define('WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE', 'true');

define('WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE', 'false');

define('WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE', 'true');

define('WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START', 'true');

define('WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE', 'true');

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived