• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Should I dump this ISP?

normd

My client hosted their site at catalog.com. When I tried installing the installer script I got the dreaded Internal Server Error even though I fixed the permissions. The response to the trouble ticket is:

You must add a header tag to any main php files in the program, not sub files that are called by either an include statement or a require statement. The header you need to add to the very first line in any main php files is

#!/usr/local/safe/bin/php

Have others run into this?

How may files are we talking about here? They are talking about EVERY main php file.

This seems like a major PIA. Shall I dump them?

Norm

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_images/1/icon8.gif

How many files would you estimate I would have to change. I need to make it an economic case for my client in case they lose their $60 renewal fee.

Thanks for the super fast reply.

Every file in your root directory, plus any new pages you add to the program. But it's not just that. I have never come across this way of handling php before. php files don't require being handled from a 'bin' of any description - and if you start adding header tags then, in my opinion, it's just building up possible problems with errors such as 'headers already started at blah blah'. It's bad news, and there's no need for it. Dump them.

Vger

They are dumped. Unfortunately they are giving me a hassle transferring my domain name.. This should be fun....

That's why no one should ever register a name through a hosting company IMO.

I use a domain registrar exclusively for registering names. If I want to move to a different host it'll happen before the first host even knows I'm doing it.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

If you are the Administrative Contact (email comes to you) and the name is not registrar locked you can switch it right under their noses. Just go to any good registrar and order a transfer.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived