• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NewsDesk v1.48 Support

STEVE

screen.jpg

Just so you can visulize where the error message is coming from.

If i dont hear from you have a good weekend.

Hi,

I get the same error message, but I couldn't figure out the solution for this. I have installed the latest version 1.48.4, and followed the instructions properly. I have checked that the databases are properly installed.

Suggestions???

Thanks

- mjey

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I get the same error message, but I couldn't figure out the solution for this. I have installed the latest version 1.48.4, and followed the instructions properly. I have checked that the databases are properly installed.

Suggestions???

Thanks

- mjey

do you have the table defined in the database_tables.php

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

do you have the table defined in the database_tables.php

Hi agian,

Stupid me, somehow I forgot to upload database_tables.php after changing it.

Now it works just fine. Great contribution, by the way...

But there is another thing.

I would like to disable the categories (or what I have done is not creating any, just putting the articles on Top). Then I can't access the previous articles in newsdesk_index.php. So what I have done is to create a link from from newsdesk_info.php to newsdesk_index.php. The site then got the left column in the center, and looked very strange. It populated nothing, because there was no categories to choose.

Is there any default value on the 'newsPath=' variable within newsdesk_index.php that populates "all" previous articles (within the variable set for how many articles to show)? Could newsdesk_index.php be written with a code that set this population as default when the variable is removed from the page request (simply by clicking to newsdesk_index.php)?

Thanks

mjey

Hey Steve,

I forgot if the images uploaded to the newsdesk popup or not

Jimmy

They do not popup as in a popup window however this could be easily achieved by adding the popup window code

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

I installed this contribution and everything seems to be working fine except that this image is missing from the archive button_store.gif. Where can I get a copy of this gif?

There is no button store with this contribution, you must mean the newsdesk for multistore contribution which is not supported in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent Help::

I am trying to enter a table 5 collums x 6 rows etc. with some data into the news content. When I try it the content distorts upon display. I do not know if it is the java in the input screen, if it is can I shut it off, I am or can use an external editor.

Thanks

Edited by 241

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Urgent Help::

I am trying to enter a table 5 collums x 6 rows etc. with some data into the news content. When I try it the content  distorts upon display. I do not know if it is the java in the input screen, if it is can I shut it off, I am or can use  an external editor.

Thanks

This should not cause an issue, I have just added a table of 5 column and 6 rows with table border 1 to my demo to check this and it caused no issue with the java.

check that all the appropriate tags are in place

Hi I am a noob to this stuff, have added mods to my site b4, but this one I followed the instructions to the letter and now its giving me these errors.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

my site is ausestore.com.au

Any suggestions would be grateful.

Regards,

Craig/Australia

www.ausestore.com.au

Hi I am a noob to this stuff, have added mods to my site b4, but this one I followed the instructions to the letter and now its giving me these errors.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/filenames.php:67) in /home/aus/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

my site is ausestore.com.au

Any suggestions would be grateful.

Regards,

Craig/Australia

Header Whitespace

download the file catalog/includes/filenames.php open it and place your cursor after the last ?> then press delete several times, save the file and upload it.

Do not use the file manager to edit online as this can cause the whitespace.

instead use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file to a local machine and edit then upload using the ftp program

If you require more information then Click

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have installed this mod on about 5 different sites. Some were clean installs and some were not. I get the same error on all of them:

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/raced/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/raced/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/raced/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/raced/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

I have searched the forum and saw people with the same problem but I have not seen a solution. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!!

Does this contribution download newsfeeds automatically or do you need to type everything in?  The instructions just say to cliick on Articles Management to add a news article but that appears to be just a place to enter text.  If it can download feeds, would someone please give me an example of how to add one?

Jack

Does this contribution also work with rss newsfeeds?

Just installed 21 Jul 2004 - NewsDesk v.1.48.3

First off:

Thanks to Steve and Carsten for a great contribution. Easy to install and alot of effort into this contribution.

I have installed this contribution locally for testing purposes. I have osC 2.2 Milestone2 installed. I also have Events Calendar Contribution installed.

I noticed that after I click on 'Read More' and then go to the newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk...etc page I have the bottom portion where the reviews are, are somehow being titled after my events calendar.

It is being referenced from my catalog/includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Somehow calling my HEADING_TITLE: Events Calendar');

Screenshot Provided:

temp_newsdesk_1.gif

How can I fix that? As this is a great contribution I definitely want to upload this to live site.

Edited by TCwho

I also have this error.

News Categories

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

I am running 2.2ms2 and have gone over my install and have not found a problem. One thing I noticed in /catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php were some misspellings such as newdesk and newsedsk, I corrected them but that did not fix the problem.

I have seen other posts for this problem, but no fix.

Sean Hawkes

I also have this error.

News Categories 

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 61

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 67

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 81

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/rustyst/public_html/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php on line 102

I am running 2.2ms2 and have gone over my install and have not found a problem. One thing I noticed in /catalog/includes/boxes/newsdesk.php were some misspellings such as newdesk and newsedsk, I corrected them but that did not fix the problem.

I have seen other posts for this problem, but no fix.

Sean Hawkes

Illegal offsets have been covered before in the support and those misspellings are most likely not misspellings, however a means of distinguishing sections of code which may have similar code structure.

Illegal offsets have been covered before in the support and those misspellings are most likely not misspellings, however a means of distinguishing sections of code which may have similar code structure.

I have looked all over this forum and have not found a solution to this issue. I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Just installed 21 Jul 2004 - NewsDesk v.1.48.3

First off:

Thanks to Steve and Carsten for a great contribution.  Easy to install and alot of effort into this contribution.

I have installed this contribution locally for testing purposes.  I have osC 2.2 Milestone2 installed.  I also have Events Calendar Contribution installed.

I noticed that after I click on 'Read More' and then go to the newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk...etc page I have the bottom portion where the reviews are, are somehow being titled after my events calendar.

It is being referenced from my catalog/includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Somehow calling my HEADING_TITLE: Events Calendar');

Screenshot Provided:

temp_newsdesk_1.gif

How can I fix that?  As this is a great contribution I definitely want to upload this to live site.

no idea?

While trying to add an HTML table to the content portion of the article I get very bad results. The actual table can be viewed on my production sites homepage http://theracefanoutlet.com in the center column.

placing this article in the newsdesk contrib I get the results that can be seen on my very messy development osCommerce site

http://theracefanoutlet.com/shop/newsdesk_...0/newsdesk_id/6

The code for the table is as follows...

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding=".5">

<tr bgcolor="#FFFF00">

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Finish Pos</font></strong></td>

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Start Pos </font></strong></td>

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Car</font></strong></td>

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Driver</font></strong></td>

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Make</font></strong></td>

<td><strong><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sponsor</font></strong></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">17</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">48</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jimmie Johnson </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chevrolet</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lowe's</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">2</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">7</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">12</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ryan Newman </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dodge</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">ALLTEL</font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">3</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">11</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">24</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeff Gordon </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Chevrolet</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">DuPont</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">4</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">8</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">20</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tony Stewart </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Home Depot </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">5</font></td>

<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">2</font></td>

<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">16</font></td>

<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Greg Biffle </font></td>

<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ford</font></td>

<td><font color="#000000" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">National Guard </font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">6</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">97</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kurt Busch </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ford</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Crown Royal </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">7</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dale Earnhardt Jr. </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Budweiser</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">8</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">14</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mark Martin </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ford</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kraft - Guess Who's Got The Groceries </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">9</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">13</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kasey Kahne </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dodge</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dodge Dealers/UAW </font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">10</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">19</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">18</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bobby Labonte </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interstate Batteries</font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">11</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">16</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">01</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe Nemechek </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">U.S. Army</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">21</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ricky Rudd </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Motorcraft</font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">13</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">41</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Casey Mears </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Target</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">14</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">15</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">2</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Rusty Wallace</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Miller Lite </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">15</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">1</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">88</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dale Jarrett </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">UPS</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">16</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">5</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">49</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ken Schrader </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Schwan's Home Service </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">17</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">3</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">39</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bill Elliot</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Coors</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">10</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jeremy Mayfield </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dodge Dealers/UAW </font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">4</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">25</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brian Vickers </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">GMAC</font></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#CCCCCC">

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">193</font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Geoffrey Bodine </font></td>

<td><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Global Industrial Contractors </font></td>

</tr>

</table>