• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalog v.1.5

I've tried your fix but i'm still getting the following error:

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for catalogues/catalog_1.pdf (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /homepages/38/d107351093/htdocs/store/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 100

Downloadable catalogue (0.00 Mo)

and its not generating the PDF file in the folder...........

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the answer to this as I still have not sorted it out! :'(

Thanks

Mark :-"

At least one solution is to add a line to .htaccess -file within /catalog/admin/

php_value max_execution_time 0

If max_execution_time is set to zero, time out is infinite. Of course you may change the value to whatever (seconds) you like.

Marko

--

Live long and prosper! :)

Contributions:

Full Finnish language pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have used this contribution on many default osCommerce websites for testing with no problem. Now I am trying to use it on a website with a new product list (not the default osCommerce product list) - and on a local web server I just get the error 'Server is overloaded' and if I try it on an online install it just keeps trying to generate files for ever, gobbling up megabytes of bandwidth each minute.

If I set images to zero, no problem the catalogues generate - but they're not much good without clickable images. I have altered the execution time, file size allowed, cut the size of the images right down, but nothing works.

Anyone else had this problem?

Vger

Well, this Contribution leaves a lot to be desired. I managed to get it working online and generating a catalog (one language only), but only when all of the images were gifs. When I redid the images as jpegs - nothing.

I've altered the php execution time via php.ini, still nothing. I also found an error in one of the files. Where it should have read DIR_FS_CATALOG.DIR_WS_IMAGES it actually read DIR_S_CATALOG.DIR.WS_IMAGES

Without a working knowledge of pdf I can't get this thing to work - and I don't have the time to learn pdf on top of everything else.

Vger

Hi,

I've seen this asked a couple of times but can't seem to find an answer!

I have products duplicated in categories so that when the pdf catalogue is generated it contains the products more than once.

Is it possible for the duplicates to be shown only once?

What i am ideally after, and if it doesn't come up soon i may have to start writing it, is a pdf catalogue sorted by maunfacturer.

Is it possible/fairly easy to modify this contrib to using manufacturers instead of the categories??

Thanks

Chris

Hi, I have installed the PDF catalogue on a site that uses the MaxiDVD WYSIGYG editor for HTML product descriptions.  On some of the spaces in the text of the descriptions, " " is shown instead of an actual space on the printout of the PDF catalogue.  What can be done to fix this?

Hi,

I fixed this by changing line650 in pdf_catalogue.php in admin from: $description=rtrim(strip_tags($print_catalog_array[$j]['description']));

to:

$description=rtrim(strip_tags(str_replace(' ', '', $print_catalog_array[$j]['description'])));

Hope this helps.

Chris

I have decided what I am going to do with this contribution - combine it with auto-thumbnailer and call the thumbnail images from the imagecache folder - thus getting around all image resize issues, and cutting down on image file sizes so as to reduce the incidence of time-outs when generating the catalogue.

Vger

Vger,

Let us know how it goes. I for one would like to use this contribution. However I am worried about the images problem. If you can't get it to work I know I couldn't.

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

One thing I've realised is that it works like a dream if you only use jpegs, but it really fouls up if you start using gifs. It can't resize gifs so they get entered full file size and slows things down to a crawl - hence the need to combine it with an auto-thumbnailer.

When I say "works like a dream" that's only after you cleanse the typos and edit tep_array_merge so that it becomes just array_merge.

Vger

Vger,

Let us know how it goes. I for one would like to use this contribution. However I am worried about the images problem. If you can't get it to work I know I couldn't.

Moon

have searched and searched.....

When I go to generate a pdf in the admin after clicking save it very quickly says:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /imedia/users/She/htdocs/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1496

It doesn't seem to stall or anything just directly says the fatal error.

Anyone have this error before and fixed it. Please help!

Thanks

The allowed memory size in php.ini is set to 8Mb by default. You can try increasing this to whatever level you like if you have access to a local php.ini file - but I'd also recommend increasing the maximum execution time allowed (default is 30 seconds), but I wouldn't increase it to more than 60 seconds.

If you have any product image files which are gif files then this will really slow things down.

If you have several languages installed but only use one of them them uninstall the other two languages via the osC admin panel. This contribution will try to generate a pdf file for each language installed.

Vger

Edited by Vger

Thanks Vger for your help...

Unfortunately I don't have access to my php.ini . My server doesn't allow it. Is there any other options to increase it. I know all my images are jpgs. I saw several posts about that. But it doesn't lag at all it just goes straight to the fatal error.

Is there anything else I can try......

Thanks again...

Oh and I tried deleting the other languages installed...still fatal error

Edited by danbeard

I did find in the readme install.txt this:

The maximum execution time allocated defaults to 30 seconds. This limit can of

course be easily reached. It is configured in php.ini and may be altered dynamically

with set_time_limit()

How do I alter the set_time_limit() ?

And is this my problem since It doesn't even go 1 second after trying to create the pdf I get the Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /imedia/users/She/htdocs/catalog/admin/pdf_fpdf.php on line 1496

Somethings quirky...anyone have this problem with PDF Report v1.59?

Provided you're site is on an Apache server (not Windows) you can place this in a .htaccess file in the root of your web to increase the execution time:

php_value max_execution_time 60

and you can also try:

php_value memory_limit 16M

I am trying to combine this contribution with an autothumbnail contribution, so that it draws the smaller images from an imagecache folder, but this would only work if all product images were kept in the main 'images' folder and not in sub-folders as for Manufacturers - otherwise the path would be wrong.

Vger

Vger

Thanks Vger...

I'm still somewhat learning some things, sorry for any lack of knowledge on my part.

If my server(Apache) is set to timeout in 30 sec, as soon as I click the save to generate the pdf it automatically give me the Fatal error: under a second. Should of it atleast taken 30 secs of the time to generate it than give me an error or does it automatically know it's to big and doesn't even try?

2nd

I can just put

php_value max_execution_time 60

Or

in a notepade doc save it as .htaccess and put it in my root Ex.) catalog/

Is that correct? Will it alter my .htaccess in my catalog/admin?

3rd. I did notice a post early about a thumbnail generator and someone I believe had a contribute, did you see that or are you creating a better one to add to the Catalog PDF Contrib?

I just wanted people to print all the current items in the catalog easily...was this the best contribute, I did see otherones but it seems if I can get this to work it would be the best. And if I can't did you try any other ones that worked good?

sorry for all the questions but You seem to have answers.

.htaccess files are hidden from view when you FTP to your site (normally). If you use WS FTP then you'll see a blank box below the MkDir box on the right of the screen. Type -la into this box and navigate into a folder and then back to the root of your web and if there's a .htaccess file there then you'll now be able to see it, download it and edit it with the addtions above, then upload it again.

None of the other thumbnail generators keep a thumbnail copy of the image in a seperate folder - the others generate them 'on-the-fly' and they're not kept. That's why I'm trying to edit this one.

Make sure, if you have any product images, or if the default no-image file is a gif that you set Enable Resize to 0 (zero) in the pdf programme.

Vger

PDF Catalog(s) Generation

PDF Catalog(s) generated : 1

wooohoooo!

It worked! Thanks Vger

I tried the php_value max_execution_time 60

But it didn't work so I tried your 2nd example in my .htaccess file and this one worked

I'm playing around with the colors now..

Thanks again for the help and mods

The new merged contribution, called 'Thumbnail PDF Catalogue' is now available here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3423

The major limitation of this contribution is that all main images must reside inside your main 'images' folder and not in sub-folders. If you wish to use sub-folders for Manufacturers etc. then this contribution is not for you.

Vger

The new merged contribution, called 'Thumbnail PDF Catalogue' is now available here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3423

The major limitation of this contribution is that all main images must reside inside your main 'images' folder and not in sub-folders.  If you wish to use sub-folders for Manufacturers etc. then this contribution is not for you.

Vger

Thanks for your hard work, but there are a few problems that I have seen (even before installing the new contribution).

Firstly, it says that in order for the PDF catalog creation to work with the thumbnails, you need to manually look at each product in your catalog so that the thumbnail is created. Then you can go and create the catalog.

Is there any way around this? I have almost 2000 products on my site (most with pictures), and it would be impossible looking at each product (and I know that there are people who have OsCommerce sites with MUCH MUCH more products than I do).

Secondly, you mentioned that there is a bug that it wont work if your images are in different folders (i.e. folders according to manufacturers etc). Is there any plans to resolve this at this stage, or are you just waiting to see the demand first?

Instead of using the thumbnail images that have previously been created when viewing the products, would it be better to have the PDF catalog take the full picture, then pass it through the thumbnail generator function, and then put the outputted thumbnail into the PDF catalog? Hope that makes sense.

Also, does the PDF catalog support Product Attributes? If not, what does it do with a product that has attributes? Does it just not worry about the attributes and lists the bare product?

Cheers,

Chris :)

There are various auto-thumbnail contributions for osCommerce, but most of them work by generating a thumbnail 'on the fly' and those thumbnails are not retained anywhere - so those mods can't be used. This is the only one which actually stores thumbnails. Even with 2000 products it shouldn't take that long to just flick through the pages - that's all that's required to generate the thumbs.

Yes, I am working on trying to get the auto-thumbnailer to work with sub-folders. I will post it in Contribution Announcements when (if) I manage to get this to work.

Taking the full picture and passing it through the thumbnailer won't work, because the pdf catalogue would only do that as part of catalog generation - and that would take even more time to accomplish and increase the time-out problems.

The PDF Catalog outputs the Products Image, Name. Model NUmber, Description, Price and any Special Price.

Vger

:' :blink:

I am having problems with this contribution, I keep getting the follwoing error.

after fixing the error in the path to the images i always get the following:

Missing or incorrect image file: /home/mystore/public_html/catalog/images/jedko/DK1417X.jpg

FPDF error: Not a JPEG file: /home/mystore/public_html/catalog/images/logo.jpg

Please help....