• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

**install help**

joeabouata

Changed the permissions in both places. Got this message.

"Warning: fopen(/home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!"

That usually means it failed to write to the configure files and therefore did not save the values.

Post them here and we'll fix 'em up for you.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

How did you fix your problem.

What have you tried so far? How far did you get?

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Thanks to all you Forum Angels and the very kind folks at my host!

How did I do it? (It seems odd, now I am answering questions in the forum and I don't feel like I know anything.) Well, you need a host that has "cURL" and mysql database available. With my host, I had to ask them how to do that. It was available on their control panel, but I had to be shown where. Then make sure you write down the location, username, password, and database name. Those are the things you will need in setting up. For location you can probably just use "localhost" but check with your host, they all seem to be different in how they set up their servers.

Also, see if your host has some php tutorials. If not, try http://wiki.oscommerce.com/Top.

I have warnings above the catalog page:

"Warning: Installation directory exists at: /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons."

I understand this to mean I need to rename or remove the "install" folder.

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

I assume this means that I need to go back in and change the permissions?

Again, deeply felt thanks to all you forum angels!

I renamed my "admin" folder to "control" but when I go there I get these error messages:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/a/n/d/andallwest/html/catalog/control/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!"

I assumed that the "admin" would have the settings I need to make the necessary changes to put up my products, etc. But, I must have missed something.

Gratitude in advance.

Archived