• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Country-State Selector

stevel

When I first did a combination of C-SS with PWA, the current PWA version was 0.90. In PWA 0.91, I think, the PWA author took my changes and merged them into the PWA contrib, including a combined file for those who use C-SS. I see that there have been random others who have created "1.02" versions, but those seem to be variants of the basic code and I have not looked at them in detail.

When I first did a combination of C-SS with PWA, the current PWA version was 0.90. In PWA 0.91, I think, the PWA author took my changes and merged them into the PWA contrib, including a combined file for those who use C-SS. I see that there have been random others who have created "1.02" versions, but those seem to be variants of the basic code and I have not looked at them in detail.

Thank you.

Sonia,

Since you're using STS - please reread the troubleshooting tips in the Country-State Selector readme. In particular, note that the template contribs tend to have two separate copies of form_check.js.php and you have to update both of them.

Hi. I'm getting the same error from the same spot in the code so I assume the error must be in the directions. Were you able to track down the missing or deleted bracket???

Many Thanks!

Hi Stevel

Thanx for this contribution .. i had a lot of probelms with people not selecting correct state and then they didn't have tax calculated proper .. with this contribution this is over :thumbsup:

but i ran to famouse parse error T CASE in line 203

} else if ($error == true) {
	  $cInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
				$processed = true;
	  // +Country-State Selector
	  } else if ($refresh == 'true') {
		$cInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
	  }
	  // -Country-State Selector
	}

break;
case 'deleteconfirm':
	$customers_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['cID']);

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_reviews']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['delete_reviews'] == 'on')) {
	  $reviews_query = tep_db_query("select reviews_id from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customers_id . "'");
	  while ($reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($reviews_query)) {
		tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_REVIEWS_DESCRIPTION . " where reviews_id = '" . (int)$reviews['reviews_id'] . "'");

case 'deleteconfirm': is line 203

since i'm no programmer any help would be appriciated...

thanx

Hi. I'm getting the same error from the same spot in the code so I assume the error must be in the directions. Were you able to track down the missing or deleted bracket???

Many Thanks!

Many Thanks!

I found it!

Open the file:

/catalog/admin/customers.php

Search for:

if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') {

if (checkdate(substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 4, 2), substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 6, 2), substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 0, 4))) {

$entry_date_of_birth_error = false;

} else {

$error = true;

$entry_date_of_birth_error = true;

}

}

DELETE the last }

So it should now look like:

if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') {

if (checkdate(substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 4, 2), substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 6, 2), substr(tep_date_raw($customers_dob), 0, 4))) {

$entry_date_of_birth_error = false;

} else {

$error = true;

$entry_date_of_birth_error = true;

}

Save.

Upload.

Boo-yah!

Many thanks to me for find the error. J/K!

Thanks to the Author for the great contrib!

Cool contribution! I have everything working except the address book. If I log in as a customer, and go to my account and attempt to add an address to my address book--

The country is not prepopulated as it is in the checkout process. Also the page does not refresh when actually choosing a country so there are no states to choose from.

I did the script error thing in IE and it says:

Line 118

CH 28

Syntax error.

No big deal but when I choose United States from the pull down, then I get this error:

Line 290

object expected

I copied the source data into textpad and line 290 is this one:

<td class="main"><select name="country" onChange="return refresh_form(addressbook);"><option value="" SELECTED>Please Select</option><option value="1">Afghanistan</option><option value="2">Albania</option><option value="3">Algeria</option><option value="4">American Samoa</option><option value="5">Andorra</option><option value="6">Angola</option><option value="7">Anguilla</option><option value="8">Antarctica</option><option value="9">Antigua and Barbuda</option><option value="10">Argentina</option><option value="11">Armenia</option><option etc 
etc 
etc
Yugoslavia</option><option value="237">Zaire</option><option value="238">Zambia</option><option value="239">Zimbabwe</option></select>?<span class="inputRequirement">* (Page will refresh when changed)</span></td>

Any ideas where I went wrong?

The script error is a "big deal". This could be interfering with the rest. Fix the script error and the rest may fall into place.

Thanks for the quick answer Steve.

I said the first was no big deal because I have several pages that have that same error on them. I have no idea what is causing them and until now, they were pretty unimportant. I did a little research way back when I first noticed them. I guess I need to dig deeper. As I recall, I have several pages that give that same error:

Line 118

Ch 28

Syntax error.

Luckily for me the other pages all work fine.

Tim

I did a quick check and found out this.

The 'my account' page is divided into several groups of links.

overview

my account'

my orders

e-mail notifications.

All the links under 'my account' give the same syntax error. Same line same character.

I just installed the latest country-state selector that includes support for PWA. However, I noticed that the provided create_account.php and Order_Info.php files are the same.

I have looked through the forums and I don't find that this has been identified (but I may have missed it).

Please advise.

They're not the same. They're not even close to the same. Not even the same size.

When I unzipped the downloaded files with winzip, both files in the PWA/catalog folder were shown to be 25K and when I opened each one up the top lines indicated the name of the files were create_account.php. Based on the similarities, I thought that perhaps the files had accidentally been duplicated. As I look into the file more, I see that the files are different sizes.

Thanks for making the modifications to support PWA.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve,

Just wanted to take a second to thank you for setting up such an excellent contrib. So many of the contribs on this site are coded poorly and impossible to read. I found your instructions and code to be excellent and this was very easy to install.

Its just sad that functionality that I feel should be one of the most basic things to be included in oscommerce from the get go would have to be added via contrib...

Cheers :thumbsup:

Jay

Hi,

i have this great contrib installed and it works fine. But i have any problem with my template (BTS).

When i will change the shipping address in checkout_shipping_address.php and i change the country, then i redirect to checkout_shipping.php.

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my english!

Regards,

Bastian

• 2 weeks later...

First - EXCELLENT contribution! This was the first one I installed on my long trek to getting my oscommerce shop up and running.

I finally got around to figuring out my tax setup (bear with me, this really does relate to Country-State Selector) Anyway, I'm in Colorado so I have to care about sales tax in my own county OR in all other counties in the state. After reviewing how other people have setup taxes for counties in a state I have now created two tax zones:

zone_id zone_country_id zone_code zone_name

13 223 CO Colorado

79 223 CO Colorado (Douglas County)

Everything was going along swimmingly until I tried to use the Change Address in either the shipping page or billing page. I kept getting the error "Please select a state from the States pull down menu." After some review, I determined this was happening in checkout_shipping_address.php (approx line 111) and checkout_payment_address.php (approx line 98). The code that selects the zone_id is having fits because of my similar beginning zone_names above (Colorado% will match both zone_names). So, I figure that since this is in a section of code that knows there are zones, and sinze I'm using Country-State Selector I don't really need the matching logic in the SQL that's included. If I recall correctly, this type check was replaced/removed by this contribution in the create_account.php file.

I changed

$zone_query = tep_db_query("select distinct zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "' and (zone_name like '" . tep_db_input($state) . "%' or zone_code like '%" . tep_db_input($state) . "%')");

to be

$zone_query = tep_db_query("select distinct zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "' and zone_name = '" . tep_db_input($state) . "'");

It seems to me that this edit could be safely included in the next release of Country-State Selector?

Does anyone see any problems with this change?

Bastian, it sounds as if you have an error in your checkout_shipping_address.php file in that the form submit action specifies the wrong file.

Nathan, you found a bug I discovered myself a short while ago - I was in the process of updating the contrib to fix it. There's a bit more to it than what you have - there's also code at the top of the file that displays that error which needs to be disabled. Let me look at my code tonight and make a suggestion.

Ok. In checkout_payment_address.php and checkout_shipping_address.php, make these edits:

Replace this:

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
	$zone_id = 0;
	$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "'");
	$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);
	$entry_state_has_zones = ($check['total'] > 0);
	if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
	  $zone_query = tep_db_query("select distinct zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country . "' and (zone_name like '" . tep_db_input($state) . "%' or zone_code like '%" . tep_db_input($state) . "%')");
	  if (tep_db_num_rows($zone_query) == 1) {
		$zone = tep_db_fetch_array($zone_query);
		$zone_id = $zone['zone_id'];
	  } else {
		$error = true;

$messageStack->add('checkout_address', ENTRY_STATE_ERROR_SELECT);
	  }
	} else {

with this:

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
	if ($zone_id == 0) {

In includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php, replace this:

$zones_array = array();
	 $zones_query = tep_db_query("select zone_name from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = " . (int) $country . " order by zone_name");
	while ($zones_values = tep_db_fetch_array($zones_query)) {
	  $zones_array[] = array('id' => $zones_values['zone_name'], 'text' => $zones_values['zone_name']);
	}
	if (count($zones_array) > 0) {
	  echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('state', $zones_array);
	} else {
	  echo tep_draw_input_field('state');
	}

with this:

$zones_array = array();
	$zones_query = tep_db_query("select zone_id, zone_name from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = " . (int)$country . " order by zone_name");
	while ($zones_values = tep_db_fetch_array($zones_query)) {
	  $zones_array[] = array('id' => $zones_values['zone_id'], 'text' => $zones_values['zone_name']);
	}
		  if (count($zones_array) > 0) {
	  echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('zone_id', $zones_array, $zone_id);
		  } else {
			echo tep_draw_input_field('state');
		  }

Try this and let me know how it works for you.

Steve:

Is the code change for everyone who has installed your contribution or is the change a special fix for some problem that occurs with a combination of contributions.

Many thanks.

Dennis

It's for everyone. You would not notice a problem unless:

1: A user selected a zone that is a substring of another zone, or

2: The user submitted the page and one of the checks at the beginning of the PHP code detected an error

I recall now that when I first wrote this contrib, I ran into some trouble on these pages and I never went back and finished it. My apologies.