• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multiple Vendor Shipping requirements for DropShip

netbandit

We've got an online store using the latest oscommerce cart, the store is currently under development and we are experiencing difficulties.

Here's the problem:

We do drop shipment from vendors

We are in need of a shipping module intelligent enough to know that if multiple products are selected from 'Vendor A'.. it uses that 'vendor A's shipping plan.

If there are other items in the cart from 'vendor B' then those specific items are calculated using 'vendor b's' shipping plan

it would then add the two shipping plans and possibly alert the user the reason as to the reason for theadditional shipping charges.

We've attempted to utilize the individual shipping contribution but that does not handle shipping charges accurately.

We've attempted to utilize the multishipping vendor contribution but are having problems and so far have not gotten it to work as we've wanted.. we're not even sure if the multishipping vendor contribution even does what we want.

if any oscommerce experienced developers are out there to offer their assistance..

we'd gladly appreciate it..

and if they can even possibly offer their services just to setup the cart to include this functionality and show us, we'd possibly entertain the idea of paying for their hard work.

please do contact me directly if possible

[email protected]

thanks in advance

The easiest solution is to charge one flat rate shipping and eat the rest. You do have enough of a margin to eat some shipping if necessary don't you? ;)

The reason I'm saying this is: Why should I as a customer pay 2 or 3 or more shipping charges just because you can't stock your own merchandise. That's not my problem; it's yours. I (the customer) will be more than happy to shop with someone else that doesn't do it that way. :D

rseigel..

first off.. I appreciate your response..

you are right .. your suggestion is definitely an option.. we are open to possibly keeping things on a flat shipping rate basis.. but as you stated.. thats the 'easiest solution'. I was hoping that there might be someone out there who's capable of creating such functionality thereby handling this shipping logic i require.

any others out there with suggestions? or possibly capable of creating the functionality i require? again.. willing to pay if its done right

netbandit...

I would keep an eye on the progress of the Enhanced Multi-Vendor Shipping contribution. There are people working on this now and it possibly will accomplish what you need when finished. There is extensive discussion in this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=56535&st=140

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

netbandit...

I would keep an eye on the progress of the Enhanced Multi-Vendor Shipping contribution. There are people working on this now and it possibly will accomplish what you need when finished. There is extensive discussion in this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=56535&st=140

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Archived