• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

5 hours and still not getting anywhere

yesterdays

:blink: I have searched on this and it seems that a lot of people have come across this.

at the end of the installation after the import of the catalog database has been successful. I get this.

I have a win XP machine and read someone saying about opening some directories to web share. I did this and it still didn't work.

can someone help as I ready would like to use this software!!

these are the messages

Warning: fopen(E:/oscommerce/oscommerce-2.2ms2/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211

Warning: fopen(E:/oscommerce/oscommerce-2.2ms2/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in E:\oscommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

The configuration was successful!

When I click on the admin tool I get this message

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

so can someone please help I have been at this for 5 hours!!!!!

The installation script was unable to write to your configuration files - you must set permissions so they may be written to - since your database import was successful you may skip that when you run install again

Matti

I having the same problems with the install that you where having I am hosting with webhost4life and when I chmod the permissions are all 777 by default. What did you do to get your site up and running.

I am going crazy with this thing and I know it must be something simple.

when I chmod the permissions are all 777 by default.

Are you checking just the directories, or the individual files? Also if you haven't already, be sure to check the subdirectories. If your account has a cpanel type feature, it may be easier to use the file manager to see and set permissions.

Be careful if everything really is set to 777 as that leave you open for files to be changed that should be protected. 755 is a slightly safer setting, in that only the owner can write to the files.

Betty

Archived