• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need help with osCommerce Config...

Greetings all.

This is my first post, and I'm glad to be here. This seems to be a great community.

Now, down to business ...

---------------

New Installation

osCommerce Configuration

A test connection made to the database was NOT successful.

The error message returned is:

select command denied to user: 'bruce_admin@localhost' for table 'configuration'

Please click on the Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company.

---------------

Now, I've read a lot of threads about the first step of the installation process having to do with the importing of the database (which I've done) and this is the next step. I need to know how I can solve this error. If there is anything that I'm leaving out, please let me know and I'll post the sufficient information.

Thanks in advance.

- Iron -

means your username, password or the path to your server is wrong.

most use localhost for the database server, then the username and password,

Follow up.

I changed the database server info from "localhost" to "mydomain.com" ... I get this error now.

Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES)

Now the access is denied. I'm thinking I had it right the first time using "localhost" but I still get that tabling error. I'm stuck. <_<

Another follow-up.

I think this information will help shine a light on my current situation.

I rehost server space. I have alloted a portion of my space with a domain. The server has build-in features ... mySQL, etc. ... the works. Now, I set up a DB using the mySQL tool funtion, and that's all set up (to the best of my knowledge) ... now, when I imported the database, everything went fine. When I came to the osCommerce Configuration part (the second part of the installation process), I entered in the same info that I had on the first page. Now, when I enter in the database server information, one of two things happen depending on what I put in that blank.

1.) If I put in "localhost", I get this error.

- - select command denied to user: 'bruce_admin@localhost' for table 'configuration' - -

-/-/-/-

2.) If I put in the name of my domain, I get this error.

- - Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) - -

I use the entire URL (http included, etc. .. like they tell you to) and still recieve an error.

Now, when I uploaded the folder via ASCII (not binary) FTP I put the files in their appropriate locations (I'm assuming). It was pretty straight forward I suppose. I simply clicked and dragged the folders over to my server. So, I doubt that these errors are a result of a mis-located file. It has to be something simple and stupid that I'm over-looking.

I've been as detailed in the description as I could be, so hopefully I'll be able to get this problem solved. Thanks again.

- Iron -

Archived