• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rate Module Wont Turn Off / Wont Install

Havent seen this issue on the forums yet...

Somehow, while installing a contribution, my table rate module got "stuck". It shows that its activated, but where the attributes should be listed, it shows only the install button.

So when I click install, nothing changes... i think its because OSCommerce already thinks this is installed. But it is somehow not working.

My question is, how do I reset the table rate module?

The contribution only changed the table.php files in language and modules folders. I never messed with the database, but Im thinking thats where I need to make the fix. I went into MySQL and found the Table Rate attributes under Configuration... do I delete all the table rate module attributes? (ie, Enable Table Method, Shipping Table, Table Method, Handling Fee, Tax Class, Shipping Zone, Sort Order) I noticed that these disappear whenever you uninstall a module.

Im assuming I would also take out "table" from the Modules Installed.

Anything else? And am I correct here? Will I hurt anything by doing this? Thanks...

Walt

i fixed this... just went into the database under configuration... deleted all the instances of the table rate module. didnt hurt anything. i was able to reinstall as normal.