• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Spiders - Cookies - Search Engines

I have had my store up for about 4 months and am not making it on the search engines. My main html page is indexed good, but my oscommerce store including the product pages in the store are not.

Someone suggested that the Engines cannot index my product pages because they require a cookie. My session setting for require cookies is set to false, so I am a bit stumped.

Is there somewhere else that I need to look to fix this MAJOR delima?? :huh:

Well, there are a bunch of places you can start.

Do you have 'Prevent Spider Sessions' set to true?

Have you added unique titles to each of your product pages?

Have you optimized for your key phrases, taking into consideration anchor tet, alt tags, highlighted text, keyword frequency, and keyword prominence?

Have you worked on getting quality backlinks?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Prevent Spider Sessions if set to: True

Force cookie use: False

Each product page has a unique title

I have been working on all of the keyword and such.

Google found my "Privacy Notice Page", "Conditions of use page" but not any of the product pages?

Thanks for helping~

Site?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Exactly how long has the OSC cart at that domain been up?

The cart went live around mid to late January. He had an old html site before that but the oscommerce store was added then.

He did mention that it could take more time to ge indexed...I'm not sure?

Archived