• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation Step 7

Hello,

I have made it this far and need help setting permissions.

I cannot follow the step by step instructions as my FTP does not have the ability for me to right click and set permissions.

I have tried adding a secure.php file with the following code to set them and it did not work...

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444) ;

?>

I get a message that says...

Warning: chmod failed: Operation not permitted in /usr/www/htdocs/kwickkleen/catalog/secure.php on line 2

Could anyone please help me get through the final step of the installation please. I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

if you do not have shell access to the server, then you need to use an ftp program, so logon with ftp, find the file or folder(s) in question you need to change the permissions on, then highlight and right click, choose attributes or properties (depends upon ftp program) and then set the permissions accordingly. proper permissions are 644 for the configure.php files.

Ok Here the problem with that I use Frontpage but I can't seem to change the permissions in it and I also have an admin FTP for the server but not able to do this in here either. Is there any FTP I can access to be able to do this? I know there are public FTP site's is this my only option here?

Archived