• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with install

i installed oscommerce..but i get blank page on catalog and admin sections...what's the problem..

i configured the configure.php on both sides the right way..

so is there any ideas guys?

can you post a url

post one of the configure.php files remember to xxx out the database password at the bottom of the file

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

I'm having this problem with the install. Not a big PHP person, but from what I have found out is that the install/templates/main_page.php are calling other files incorrectly. I have seen this in more places than just this.

They seem to call files that are in directories under them by calling their directory first. So like install/templates/main_page.php calls the file install/templates/main_page/javascript.js by calling src="templates/main_page/javascript.js"

I was able to get it to install once by fixing all of these, but then the main index page did the same thing, and I found that it was calling files the same way. I don't know if this was the way that it should be programmed or not, but it does not seem to work on my linux box.

you don't actually have to "install" if you don't want to. You can create the database with phpMyAdmin, then edit the catalog/includes/configure.php and catalog/admin/includes/configure.php to contain the correct info.

That's all the the install does, really.

-jared

Archived