• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to send an email after an order is placed

qvanegeren

Here is what I'm trying to do, and I'm not sure if it can even be done, but here goes :

When an order is placed on our site, I need to email the order information (i.e items, qty, order total, etc) to an external email address. Initially my plan was to have the person just login to the admin side and view the order reports, but they don't want the overhead of viewing these reports since they currently use their email to take orders.

Is there anyway to either send the order report via email once an order is submitted, or is there a way to kick off a generic email that just contains the order information? I would prefer to have the email sent automatically instead of having to go in and cut and paste the order report into an email everytime.

I've been looking through the forums but haven't seen this question posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Quenten

Do you know which script sends an email to the customer, once order is placed? You can put your external email address there alongwith customer's and get a copy of that email.

If you can find out the script, I'll take a look.

Rgds

...Manjeet

In the Admin control panel, in the Configuration/My Store section, there is an option "Send Extra Order Emails To".

Fill in the address you want to send a duplicate email to - I use this so I get email notification of every order placed.

Is that a solution for you?

- osCommerce is fun! -

When does the email get sent? Is it sent after the order is in a 'processing' state, or once it is delivered?

I think this might work, depending on what info gets emailed. if it the invoice that gets emailed then this will be perfect. I'm just not able to get an email sent out for some reason, which is why I was wondering if it depends on the status of the order.

Do you know, or is there somewhere that defines when this email is sent?

Thanks,

Quenten

By default, it sends an email whenever osCommerce sends an email to the customer - at every stage of the order (process is automatic, pending and delivered are manually sent).

Would probably need some customisation to change that.

- osCommerce is fun! -

By default, it sends an email whenever osCommerce sends an email to the customer - at every stage of the order (process is automatic, pending and delivered are manually sent).

Would probably need some customisation to change that.

I got this wrong - it only sends after checkout has been completed the first time - "Order Process" - later manually controlled emails aren't sent.

- osCommerce is fun! -

Archived