• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Access with Levels 1.6.0_1

codewarrior

Hi!

We using oscommerce-2.2ms2, phpmyadmin 2.5.6 and mysql 4.0.18 on a linux host. We did all the installation steps as described in the README file but it doesn`t work. If we try to login with admin,admin no error message appear and we come again to the login site. I checked also the md5 encryption of the password in the database ->OK.

We need professional help in this case!!!

did you try username = admin@localhost and password = admin

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

when we take a look with phpMyAdmin 2.5.6, there is an account with admin and the MD5 Passwort of admin. so the user and pass admin/admin should work. we only get redirect to the login page... that's the big problem (without an error statement)... :huh:

as Steve stated, the login is admin@localhost which is the default when the package is installed.

You did not answer if you had tried that or not.

ok... thank you for the hint, but the same screen with user: admin@localhost and passwd: admin... the only thing which is realy strange is that if i update the osc admin with the login tool in my test shop in vmware the tool works. i am able to log in with admin/admin but only in vmware. if i try it on our server the same way, there is no way to log in....

i am confused...

is there anyone who can help us (stone & ficht)...

are you talking about this install location or somewhere else

Click which still shows the install and Click which has no connection to the database

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

i installed one test version on my notebook (vmware/localhost), and this version works with the admin/admin login. The other instalation is at the project server of our university, at this server i have no chance to login with admin/admin... but i made the admin tool instalation the same way...

at stonedakilla this is an old version with some errors... i delete it now ...

is it this specific version that you are using

3 Feb 2004 - Admin Access With Levels 1.6.0 Author: Eric Montgomery (Islander2u)

ok this is where the miss understsanding came from

I am not using the same contribution as you but the earlier one as of my previous post.

I have just downloaded the one that you are using which indeed does say

Username: admin

Password: admin

there may be one or two differences between the contributions, I will have to look at the codes and see.

I have had no issues with the earlier version and have it installed and working in a number of carts

Ok I have done a compare and the files for each of the two contributions are completely different

Archived