• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

sub-categories problem / creating drop down box

LummyPie

Hello folks. Hope you can help me out... sorry but its late here, and the brain can't function properly!! This is probably a dead easy problem to solve.... hopfully!!

My client wants to sell Printer Cartridges.

To make navigation easy for the customer, he wants the customer to be able to select their printer, and the following page will then show all cartridges that are applicable to that printer. Sounds simple on paper until you try and integrate that into osCommerce!

A simple solution would be if I could convert the 'Categories' box into a drop down one, but this doesn't look so easy - a lot of coding change seems it would be required.

Another option would be the abitlity to add sub categories within categories (!) the first category would allow the customer to select their series of printer - and the second page would allow them to select their actual printer (the following page would then show the cartridges available).

Would anyone have a solution for me? Or am I making like more difficult than I need to!?

My thanks in advance, Chris

You can do all of this with the standard OScommerce attributes.

You can create as many sub categories as you like. Products can exist via the link atrribute in many categories and sub categories.

So a single ink catridge X can be used in many printers/categories.

HTH

Tom

• 3 months later...

Archived