• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting a cart to expire

Hello :)

I had thought that like my current site, OSC would dump items not checked out after a certain period of time (mine is set to 24 hours), however I just read this welcome email:

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Is there a way to get the cart to expire if the customer doesn't checkout? I hate to have a bunch of inventory sitting in unexpired carts.

I did look at the forum and contributions, but perhaps I'm trying the wrong keywords.

Many Thanks :)

Is there a way to get the cart to expire if the customer doesn't checkout? I hate to have a bunch of inventory sitting in unexpired carts.

The stock isnt assigned until they do checkout so leaving it as it is wont cause any problems.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a semi-related question here, I am having problems where we will have a limited quantity of an item in stock and then multiple people will place the available in stock items in their carts. Say three people place the "last" item into their carts and after all three of them have it in their carts one of them checks out, then another and the third logs off but the item is stored in their cart. Both of the people who had the item in their cart and checked out are allowed to check out even though there was only enough stock on hand to fulfill the first persons order. Now a week later, the item is still out of stock and the third guy logs back in and is allowed to check out even though there is no stock on hand. Is there any way to avoid this? I thought that by having the "Allow Checkout" set to false in the Configuration->Stock settings that this would be prevented. I do have it set to false and yet people are still allowed to checkout with out of stock items in their carts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived