• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can this be done?

lparks

I am going to have a product database that would include different people selling items in my store. Basically I will be selling items for them. So, how would I setup for each product that that particular merchant owns an email is sent to them once one of their products are bought?

Say i have 3 different people selling from my store. If two different people get orders, I want to be copied on all order so that I can fulfill them but I also want each merchant to receive an email stating that their product was bought? Is there a contribution for that? Or a hack? How can that be done?

Any help would be appreciated.

probably not the best option but

one way is to define each merchant with an addition to the product id e.g.:

a) Merchant one(code aaa):

1st product id - aaa/123

2nd product id - aaa/124

etc.....

Merchant two(code bbb):

1st product id - bbb/123

2nd product id - bbb/124

Merchant three(code ccc):

etc.....

b ) in the order email that is sent to you add the product id

c) then in your email program add a rule that an email received with aaa in the subject/body gets forwarded to Merchant one

then in your email program add a rule that an email received with bbb in the subject/body gets forwarded to Merchant two

etc.....

Your online success is Paramount.

if you are the one that uploads their products you could set up a table (merchants) with fields merchant id, email, name, plus any other useful info.

add a field to the products table (merchant id). the same sort of set-up between product and manufacturer.

add a dropdown field to the product input page holding merchant name.

then in checkout process you can pull the merchant info depending on product id and bang off an email to the related email addy.

this is dynamic as you can add more merchants to the merchants table and not have to make additional edits to the checkout process page.

you could also then use the merchant table to produce merchant specific stats.

Your online success is Paramount.

Archived