• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove left and right rails?

Asynja

Hey all.

Is there any way to remove the left and right rails? I want to use the commerce features os osCommerce within my site, and I don't want the left and right rails in there because they take up way too much room and wreck the design.

Thanks.

The left and right columns are defined in includes/column_left.php and column_right.php

You could probably just comment out all the code that draws columns in them, then you would have no columns.

You would lose a lot of functionality - you would need to ensure that the code that allows you to select categories etc. is activated by some other options on the page.

- osCommerce is fun! -

I am doing the same thing myself make sure you have the categories set to buttons on your site before you do this and the btich of it is though to completly remove the sidepanels you will need to locate this code in each of the pages and delete them

this information is only the same if you have an unmodified version of oscommerce

Left Column

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
? ?</table></td>

Right Column

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
? ?</table></td>

Archived