• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Making a "Secure" transaction

Hambowned

How do I set up my site, not go through my OWN domain, but through the domain of a secure server? Where do I go on my site (Admin Configurations) to set this up? I've looked everywhere, but to no avail.

You would add the appropriate definitions for the HTTPS_xxx items in catalog/includes/configure.php. You would need to have access to HTTPS for your web site. Check with your web host to see what is available.

You will either need to obtain your own SSL certificate, or sometimes hosts can provide a shared certificate that you can use. If you purchase your own certificate, you have your host install it for you.

Once you either have your own SSL certificate installed, or you have been provided access to your hosts shared SSL path, you simply put the URL to the SSL you are using into the HTTPS_SERVER variable, and set the use ssl variable to true in your configure.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Consider switching to another host service that offers shared SSL. Many do. Ideally, find one that doesn't give you an HTTPS URL that ends with ~username - instead find one that gives you an HTTPS domain of the form yourdomainname.yourhostdomainname.com I can recommend one if you want - send me a PM.

Or, simply purchase your own. AT about $50 per year, that's pretty affordable, and then you don't ever have to worry about a funky URL.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived