• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need help with phpmyadmin...

vcache

I am currently starting a new setup of oscommerce on an IIS machine (for setup purposes only, the end result will be running on a linux box) and I am trying to install the gift voucher system but I'm stuck at getting the .sql file setup as phpmyadmin keeps messing up on me...

I have php4 installed along with the latest mysql (don't quite remember the version number but as I just re-downloaded and re-installed it like a week ago I am fairly certain it's the latest)

I have oscommerce 2.2ms2 with the phpmyadmin folder copied to catalog/admin/phpmyadmin with a link in the catalog section of catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php for easy access.

I have the config.inc.php file setup with 'localhost' for the mysql server, the correct login and pw the default 'oscommerce' for db_name with 'http' authentication (changed it from 'config' as I thought that may be causing the problem, but the problem persists..)

The problem comes in when I try to access phpMyAdmin...first, it takes several minutes to bring up the initial screen, then when I try to access the database to insert the needed sql queries for the gift voucher system it tries for several minutes, then I get the 'action canceled' page....

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Contribs added:

AdminLogin-Catalog With Images-Credit Class/Gift Voucher-CoolMenu

EasyPopulate-LoginBox-Paypal Shopping Cart IPN-PDF Catalogs

Product Listing In Columns - Image Strip

--

...the young jedi said to his master "you want me to do WHAT?"

ok..found the problem...I had a typo in the URI in config.inc.php

Contribs added:

AdminLogin-Catalog With Images-Credit Class/Gift Voucher-CoolMenu

EasyPopulate-LoginBox-Paypal Shopping Cart IPN-PDF Catalogs

Product Listing In Columns - Image Strip

--