• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Security Alert pop-up

Almirena

When I test my catalog page by logging in or opening an account, the following message appears:

SECURITY ALERT

Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

TICK - The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority.

TICK - The security certificate date is valid.

ALERT SIGN! - The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

Do you want to proceed?

Any idea why this is occurring? Is it something to do with oscommerce, or is it something to do with the SSL on my server? <shrug> I can't imagine that there's anything else one needs do with SSL, once it's properly installed (as it is).

The site is the Sounds Sublime shop catalogue.

I need help with this. Clearly there are many customers who simply won't risk continuing if they feel that security is possibly compromised.

It's not the /catalog that is the issue. Sub directories are fine. The problem is the www. The certificate is for www.soundssublimeshop.com instead of soundssublimeshop.com. In includes/configure.php, you could probably fix this by changing a line that probably says

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://soundssublimeshop.com');

to instead say

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.soundssublimeshop.com');

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same popup for my site www.getarthere.com/buyart

I get the popup if I have it as www.getarthere.com or just getarthere.com. Am I missing something? I changed both configure.php files and no luck

Archived