• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Able to Write to the Configuration File

crispinain

Hello everyone I come form Taiwan.

I apply a free webspace from TheFreeWebhosting.com

Every successful applicant receives 200MB space storage and 5GB premium bandwidth per month

But I got a big problem with osc now.

My site keeps saying

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /public_html/products/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file

I try to use other methods like below but isn't work for me.And i use 777 755 706...etc.Problem still exist...

chmod the file to either 644 or 444 this will remove the error

you will probably find that both the /public_html/products/includes/configure.php and /public_html/products/admin/includes/configure.php files require to have the permissions chmod 644 or 444

Anyone use the same TheFreeWebhosting.com webspace ? and got the same problem too ?

HELP ME ? I HAVE GOT THE PROBLEM ONE WEEK ?

I am going crazy .Can you help me ?

Thanks a million..

Have you actually tried using your FTP to change the permissions? It does sound as if you haven't done that.

Using your FTP, select the configure file which is at risk. By right-clicking onto this, you'll see a pop-up menu which includes "Properties". Click onto that, and change the read-write permissions to 644.

Do the same thing with the other two files.

I'm sorry if you already knew this - but from your post, I wondered if you weren't aware of how to change permissions.

Using your FTP, select the configure file which is at risk. By right-clicking onto this, you'll see a pop-up menu which includes "Properties". Click onto that, and change the read-write permissions to 644.

You mean Properties,right.when i use cuteftp click onto configure.php but I didn't see the properties,I just only see the chmod .....etc

I don't know how to do . I'll try ....

I had this problem on my host when they installed phpsuexec or whatever it's called. I could not set the permissions of the files, no matter what, via my FTP client. Others on our hosting service had the same problem.

create a file called: permissions.php

In it, put these lines:

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

chmod('admin/includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

Save it, then upload to the root of your catalog (or root dir of your site, if not using catalog folder).

Then use your browser and open: www.yoursite.com/permission.php

This will set the permissions on those two files and make the pink warning box go away. If your directory structure for these files varies, just modify it to work with your structure.

Best wishes.

I am having problems chmoding my files simply because my browser doesnt work well with my cpanel... using your method I get this warning:

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/catalog/permission.php on line 2

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/mydomain/public_html/catalog/permission.php on line 3

I put it in the same directory as my cart....

-Jyn

I had this problem on my host when they installed phpsuexec or whatever it's called.  I could not set the permissions of the files, no matter what, via my FTP client.  Others on our hosting service had the same problem.

create a file called:  permissions.php

In it, put these lines:

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

chmod('admin/includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

Save it, then upload to the root of your catalog (or root dir of your site, if not using catalog folder).

Then use your browser and open: www.yoursite.com/permission.php

This will set the permissions on those two files and make the pink warning box go away.  If your directory structure for these files varies, just modify it to work with your structure.

Best wishes.

=======,+'^'+,===============================

Jyn Meyer

`+,.,+' Be Glad the world sucks- if it didn't we would all fall off.

===========================================

Archived