• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New install - configure.php

after having problems getting a New Installation to go beyond chmod configure.php to 777, I changed the name of the file, and I got to the next stage, with some errors.

If I click either Catalog or Administration Tool, I get the following errors:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/rvmagiccom/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /home/rvmagiccom/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line

What do I do next?

Paul

What are your settings in your congif.php files in both catalog and admin folders? That is where you tell osc to find it's support files.

Actually,

I sorted out the problem when I reinstalled. I should have put up a message on solving that one. Sorry about that.

The difficulties I am having now are to do with file permissions:

I get a warning message that the language files that need to be modified can not be written to. Also, I cannot get password protection for the admin folder. My isp says that the htaccess file is corrupted, but I am certain it is me not understanding permissions.

Once I get these sorted out, I will have oscommerce up and running pretty soon, and making some money.

Fortunately I have 2 websites, so I can practice on the other one until I get it right.

Paul

• 2 months later...

I solved this problem weeks ago, so my memory is not that good.

.htaccess is a hidden file, so you have to make sure your ftp program can see it. I think there are two of them, so do a search.

Then, replace the .htaccess file with a blank one. That should do it. This was the advice I got from my web provider. I am sure that there are other chmods that have to be done to protect some files and folders, but at least you should see oscommerce

Good luck!

Thanks for that, but I gave up in the end!! I was reading so many probs about this cart that I resorted to downloading a cute little cart from IGshop that suits my needs perfectly.

An whadayaknow... it worked right outa the box - five minutes or less to ftp to the server, do the chmods, edit the auth.php and away we go.. :P

Thanks anyway.

Doc

Archived