• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Language Deletions

808smokey

Hi,

Thanks for all your help in the past everyone. Here's my new question. How do I remove all the languages except for English. Also How do you change the British/England Flag to a United States Flag? Thanks

Admin > Localization > Languages (what a surprise ;) )

Name the US flag the same name as the UK one and upload it.

Admin > Localization > Languages (what a surprise  ;) )

Name the US flag the same name as the UK one and upload it.

I love smart assess ;) I know that, there's 12 pages of languages. From Afganistan to Zimbabwe. Is there a way to delete them all at once is what I should've asked. And also delete the Euro $ too.

Those aren't "languages" - those are countries. There's a big difference. :blink:

Nuke them with phpmyadmin via your control panel for your web hosting account.

Those aren't "languages" - those are countries. There's a big difference. :blink:

Nuke them with phpmyadmin via your control panel for your web hosting account.

Can you break it down for us newbies? :)

1. Which pages do we need to edit?

2. What exactly needs to be done in the admin?

3.Which tables do we need to drop in phpMYAdmin?

Thanks a bunch!

Ok. First we need to go back to the beginning.

What do you want to remove?

Languages (as in English, German, Spanish) or countries (as in Pakistan, Mexico and Tibet)?

They're two different things.

Ok. First we need to go back to the beginning.

What do you want to remove?

Languages (as in English, German, Spanish) or countries (as in Pakistan, Mexico and Tibet)?

They're two different things.

How bout both

Languages:

Admin > Localization > Languages

Delete the ones you don't want.

Countries:

Go into phpmyadmin. Open the countries table. Click on browse. Make sure they're all on one page. Select the ones you don't want and click on delete at the bottom (why doesn't phpmyadmin have a select all option?).

or if you're feeling brave run the following SQL query:

DELETE FROM 'countries' WHERE 'countries_id' != '223';

I'm assuming here that the United States is the only country you want to leave.

That's it, that's all.

If I understand correctly, you want to drop languages and currencies.

If so, step one is to go into the Admin Panel.

Under localization, click on currencies. From the list of currencies presented to you, highlight each one you want to delete and click on the delete button.

When you are done with that, again, under localization, choose languages, and repeat the process.

That will delete all unwanted currencies and languages from your database.

If you need to delete subdirectories to conserve on server space, open your ftp program to your website. Under the catalog directory, find languages (catalog/includes/languages) and delete any directories for languanges you do not want.

Do the same under Admin/includes/laguages as well.

This will clean your database of unwanted currencies and languages, as well as your directories.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Thanks for the info :)

Only one last question:

I can't delete Euro from the admin panel. I can delete all the settings for it, all the blocks but there is no delete option, only edit. Is it OK to leave them as blank entries or should I change them all to zero?

PS I have the edit button now :D

Check to make sure you have US Dollar set as your default currency. If not, highlight the line and edit. There is a check box to make it your default currency. That will change the vaule to 1.0000. You then delete the Euro currency.

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

How do you remove the language and currency boxes from the front page though? I've already deleted all of the ones I don't need in the admin section, now I just need the option gone from the front page.

How do you remove the language and currency boxes from the front page though? I've already deleted all of the ones I don't need in the admin section, now I just need the option gone from the front page.

Hmm didn't see that. I'm trying to figure it out. I'll let you know if I do before someone replies to this

Archived