• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcategories Dropdown?

flagfanatics

ok everyone, here's the situation. We run a sports related website and would like to redesign our categories box so that each category has a dropdown below it that includes all of it's subcategories. I'd also prefer that all categories and their corresponding dropdowns display at the same time so that the user doesn't need to click on the main category to get to its subcategories.

I've tried the drop down contribution but it puts all categories AND subcategories all in one drop down. I'd like to have several drop downs that include the serpate categories' subcategories. Does this make any sense or am I confusing everyone?

I've looked and looked and I'm fairly certain there is no contribution to do this. I am hoping you guys can help.

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Jacob

That's a nice looking site.

I recommend writing a standalone PHP script which creates static include files with the pull down menu for each category. You can run the script after adding/deleting/changing categories or subcategories.

Doing it this way keeps things simple & fast because you aren't querying the database & building the menu each time a page loads.

I hope this helps,

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the compliment. I worked hard and long on the site and it was definitely worth it. I would really like to do as you suggest and write a seperate PHP script with seperate includes. However, I'm a newbie to PHP and with the exception of installing a few contributions here and there I'm not real comfortable with the language enough to write my own script.

Any advice or suggestions.

Hi Jacob,

I can write this script for you but it would have to be commercial. Please contact me by email if you want to discuss this further.

Bob

Archived