• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bot Attack?

pyratekyng40

I've got a 'Guest' that's been in my web-site for about 6 hours now just randomly filling a 'Guest' shopping cart. They're up to $19,000 and while I'd love to belive it's a real order... I know it's not.

Can anyone tell me how to either identify the culprit(maybe a Bot?) or at least how to knock a 'Guest' off the site?

Thnaks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip

I wrote to ANHosting and they suggested blocking this IP address. Do you know how to do this through OSCommerce?

Thanks,

Skip

find out if it is a bot first - don't really want to block a bot.

Your online success is Paramount.

Every product that bot is putting in the cart, is being registered on the search engine the bot is from.

Provided, it's not generating sids, this is a GOOD thing for your business.

It will go away eventually.

I recently had a bot like that. It kept coming back it filled up the cart for hours and hours and it generated up to almost 10% of the total traffic to my site for months! Also after installing a robots.txt and enabling the sid killer.

Finally I blocked their IP some time ago. Ranks at google are still perfect, never check any others :) . (it was called vagabondo or so)

Go to your control panel and under web options you should find throttle policy, under that heading you can set the time outs on ppl plus a lot of other factors involving bandwidth.

Archived