• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

newbie in need of help

ans_alice

hi everyone! we're new here (my wife and i)....

my wife recently installed osCommerce (in chinese) and we both cant figure out what to do... admittedly i cant read the chinese which doesnt help....

i've tried following the instructions on the first page (for both english and chinese) and i get nothing...

i've tried downloading the code and editing it locally... but when i go to the uploads page, there's errors at the top... something about connection blah blah... i dont understand it cos its in chinese.. and my wife isnt sure what the error means either..

help! what do i do? i'm sure i can edit it... but i cant seem to upload the new file...

can you post the error

would you not be better installing in a language that you understand and then add in a chinese language module

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

it was installed in chinese because my wife (being taiwanese) doesnt really understand the controls in english as much as she can in chinese....

the error (if u can read chinese) is::

錯誤:資料夾無法寫入,請設定正確的使用者權限給: /home/soway/public_html/store//includes/languages/tchinese

I think it is telling you it can't find the folder includes/languages/tchinese" in which case it is an error in your includes/configure.php file. I can't quite make out error. Can you post your includes/configure.php file and that will help (leave out the passwords, etc.)

Peter

I agree, load the program in a language that you understand. It makes it a lot easier to use.

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.username.mathedu.idv.tw'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.username.mathedu.idv.tw');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/username/public_html/store/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'username');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'password');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'username_osc1');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

I agree, load the program in a language that you understand. It makes it a lot easier to use.

I am just helping my wife to get things running, then after that it's all up to her.. so in that case, chinese is the go..

she only needs my help atm as she is having trouble, and i am more pc savvy than her B)

i'm completely new to this php stuff... so its all a muddle to me...

Your PHP is probably about as good as my chinese :)

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', 'store/');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/store/');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', 'store/');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Remember I am doing this just from the parts of your error message that I could understand. The extent of my Chinese is being able to order food when I eat out so don't hate me if I got this wrong.

祝好运

Peter

ok ummm.. i fixed that.. tho it didnt fix the problem...

looking at the error::

錯誤:資料夾無法寫入,請設定正確的使用者權限給: /home/soway/public_html/store//includes/languages/tchinese

i think the problem is here::

/home/soway/public_html/store//includes/languages/tchinese

so where can i change that? any idea??

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/username/public_html/store/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/username/public_html/store');

Sorry if I am not being the greatest help here, as I said my Chinese is not very good and neither is my PHP.

My translation (with the help of a neighbour who is Korean and computer iliterate) of it is that you have an "error; you have broken a rule and don't have the correct user limit". Can you also check your permission for the directory includes/languages/tchinese. Should be 755.

Peter

i think your chinese is better than my php.... :P where do i check the permissions for the directory? i cant find any kind of permission.php or anything..

edited that line and again it doesnt seem to have done anything...

i think your chinese is better than my php
I am an average Canadian who happens to live in a multicultural city and am trying to learn osC so I can get my store up and running.

If you are building you store offline (on your computer) then you should be able to right click on the file and check the permissions from there. If it is online then an FTP program should be able to tell you what the permissions are, or C Panel if you have that.

Peter

Hi,

I think its and error from file manager.

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/.../store//includes/languages/english.php

The // is just a display bug not the problem.

You need to use a FTP program like SmartFTP or CuteFTP to set permissions and upload files.

Archived