• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Good programmers tool

peterr

Hi,

I have found it difficult to track down where particular functions are used (needing to do some minor modifications to osC), and have had to resort to using Windows | Find function. :(

Found a good cross reference tool for PHP code, called PHPXref at:

http://phpxref.sourceforge.net/

Here is an overview of the product:

PHPXref is a developer tool that's designed to ease the process of working on large PHP projects by making it very fast and easy to browse the code documentation along with the code itself. It works by scanning a project directory and translating the files it finds into readable cross-referenced HTML, simultaneously utilizing comments in the code to produce documentation to accompany it.

The result is a collection of plain HTML files that can be read using any browser, with no supporting software required.

PHPXref has very minimal requirements to run; just having a copy of Perl installed is all you need (and the Windows binary supplies that for you). Getting started requires editing two or three lines in the configuration file and running the program.

I have installed it on a Windows box, and it works great. I would like to see it extended though, to show nested function calls (both ways). Anyway, it looks ideal for my purposes now, I can easily find out (for example) where the tep_mail() function is defined, and also where it is used, including line numbers.

Possibly it could be part of the Wiki, that is, reference to the product.

Regards,

Peter

Archived